Friday, January 30, 2009

Explication of this blog's title

Those who know me well know that I have a deep and abiding love of cliches. I adore them. They fill me with glee. Because of my love for them, I often peruse this Web site, http://www.westegg.com/cliche, which helpfully provides a Cliche Finder tool. Let's explore it together, shall we?

Since I am very fond of "leg" cliches (don't ask why, because I don't know. I'm odd.), I typed "leg" into the Cliche Finder tool. Here's the list that came up (minus the words that have the phrase "leg" in them, such as "legion" and "legislate"):

went off with his tail between his legs
put on his pants one leg at a time
pull his leg
doesn't have a leg to stand on
on his last legs
he has a hollow leg
get a leg up on
Busier than a one-legged man at an ass kicking contest
He was on that like a pack of dogs on a three-legged cat.
I've seen better looking legs on a table.
Busier than a three legged cat in a dry sand box.
shake a leg
pull my leg
He can talk the leg off a chair
her legs go clear up
busy as a one legged man at an ass kicking contest
Break a leg.
Crooked as a dog's hind leg
Break a leg!

Now let's see how long--and coherent--a sentence I can make using leg cliches.

Let's shake a leg so we can get a leg up on the last leg of our journey; the road we're coming up to is as crooked as a dog's hind leg, and we're on our last legs because the car is almost out of gas.

Wow. I must be really bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment